Girlfriend, Daughter of Rapper Soulja Boy Recovering from Car Accident
After a car accident on Wednesday, October 8th, rapper Soulja Boy (famous for “Crank That (Soulja Boy)”) took to Instagram and asked his numerous followers to pray for his family.
“My girlfriend @niariley was in a car accident and the car flipped over and our daughter was in the car,” he wrote. “Need your prayers. Life is short and you never know what could happen I love them and don’t know what I would do if something happened to them. God first.”
Although the car accident was scary, and could have ended in tragedy, both Riley and daughter are back home with Soulja Boy and recovering from car accident.
Nia Riley is the daughter of Grammy Award-winning producer Teddy Riley. She and Soulja Boy have had an on-again, off-again relationship since high school, and the couple stars in the reality TV series “Love & Hip-Hip Hollywood.” In recent episodes, the couple has debated whether they should move in together or not.
Nia Riley’s representative was contacted and issued the following statement about the car accident: “Thank you for your concern. Both Nia and Kamryn are ok and are now home with Soulja Boy.”
Car Accident Laws in South Carolina
Being involved in a car accident can be a terrifying experience, whether you are at fault as the driver or not. Everyone reacts to pressure differently, so it is important to remember some crucial steps when you are involved in a car accident.
1. If you, or anyone else, is injured, contact 911. If you are injured, you need to seek medical attention. Once your injuries are examined, make sure that you follow your doctor’s advice.
2. It is extremely important, so we’ll say it again: Call the police. If possible, obtain a copy of the police incident report.
3. If you have not been injured in the accident, you should take a moment and make notes of all of the important details of the scene. While it may seem as if time is standing still after the accident, witnesses may leave the scene, and law enforcement will want to clear the area. Move quickly to:
secure the contact information, including name, address, phone number, and car insurance coverage of the other driver, obtain the contact information for any witnesses, including their name, address, and phone number. If possible, ask for a quick statement from the witness while the accident is fresh in their mind. Memories fade and a lawsuit may not be brought until long after the accident occurs, note the make, model, and color of the other car or cars involved.
Once you are safe and secure, make any additional notes you can about the accident, including information about the scene and how the accident happened. If it helps, draw a picture of the scene.
4. Do not volunteer any information about who is at fault. Leave it up to law enforcement to determine who is responsible for the accident. Remember, even something as simple as saying “I’m sorry” may be construed as an admission of guilt. If the other driver admits that he or she is at fault, make note of the conversation.
5. If you have a cell phone or a camera, take pictures. If you don’t carry a cell phone, keep a disposable camera in your glove box. Pictures of the accident will help with your claim, since law enforcement will work as quickly as possible to clean up the scene.
The Strom Law Firm Can Help with Car Accident Injury and Wrongful Death Cases
Although many of the people we represent in these cases are from right here in South Carolina, our lawyers routinely take clients from throughout the Southeastern U.S. and, in certain types of product liability or pharmaceutical cases, from across the country as well. If you or a loved one has been injured or killed through no fault of your own, whether from a defective product or in a car accident, you may have a wrongful death case. Contact the South Carolina wrongful death attorneys at the Strom Law Firm, LLC today for a free, no-cost consultation today. 803.252.4800