South Carolina Accident and Injury Lawyer
While no one expects to be in a car wreck, accidents can and do happen everyday. When they happen, the following tips may help guide you through the process.
Amazing Vehicular Accidents
South Carolina accident lawyer, accidents amazing, automobile accidents, car accident
1. If your or anyone else is injured, call 911. Don’t try to be a hero. If you are injured, you need to seek medical attention. If your injuries require you to see a doctor, be sure to follow your doctor’s advice.
2. Call the police. If at all possible, obtain a copy of the police incident report.
3. If you are able, make notes of all of the important details of the scene. While time may feel like it stops immediately after a car accident, witnesses may quickly leave the scene, and law enforcement will want to clear the area. Move quickly to:
- secure contact information, including name, address, phone number, and car insurance coverage for the other driver.
- identify and secure contact information for any witnesses, including name, address, and phone number. If at all possible, get a quick statement from the witnesses while the accident is fresh in their minds. Memories fade and a lawsuit may not be brought until long after the accident occurs.
- note the make, model, color of the other car or cars involved.
Once you are safe and secure, make any additional notes you can about the accident including information about the scene and how the accident happened. If it helps, draw a picture of the scene.
4. Do not volunteer any information about who is at fault. Leave the responsibility of placing blame for the accident on law enforcement. If the other driver admits that he or she is at fault, make note of the conversation.
5. If you have a cell phone, take pictures. Law enforcement will work to clean up the accident scene as quickly as possible. A picture of the wreck immediately after it occurs may prove very useful later.
After the Accident
If you are injured, the best thing that you can do is consult your family doctor and follow his or her suggested course of treatment.
Have questions? The Strom Law Firm, LLC offers a free consultation with our personal injury attorneys. Call us today to see how we can help.